Sunday, October 21, 2007

Day Trip

Can you believe that we have to drive an hour and a half to our stake center? We may as well be pioneers, that is a journey. Anyways, we decided to make the most of it and go to the State Fair early Saturday. There was so much fried food there I am pretty sure the fresh air was slowly turning to grease. Chris and I tried fried oreo's, fried twinkie's and and even a fried reeses peanut butter cup. Now that is an experience. We didn't let Brandon try them, but he did have his first turkey leg. I told the lady Chris was so excited to have a turkey leg and so she slipped him two and a wink. Hum. I took Brandon on his first carousel ride and Chris snapped pictures every time we came around. We went through a magic kingdom display and found out that mosquitoes are the most dangerous threat to human lives. As we walked in there was a huge snake just hanging from a tree we had to walk under. I was a little frightened but as I got closer I realized it was a very well done piece of art; no not real at all. Last but not least we played games. Of course we planned to win the biggest prize but walked away with a little floppy puppy. Good thing Chris can throw a ball in a small hole. By the way I found out that I can't. Brandon really likes the silly puppy his daddy won for him. He cuddled and kissed it the whole way home. By the end of the day we were so tired. B slept and Chris and I went to conference. It was a great little trip. Nice to get away.

No comments: