Monday, October 4, 2010

Fort Bridger





Here we go on another fun vacation. My sister Brittany decided to get married in Nauvoo, IL. Chris had never been there so he wanted to stop at all of the pioneer sites along the way. Our first and last stop was Fort Bridger. We pulled in and looked through the little houses and enjoyed the museum when Chris decided he had seen enough. The boys were enjoying being out of the car and I wanted to see the fort so we walked around the corner to it. Oops, should have gotten in the car. The man there was an old preacher of some other religion and very anti-mormon. This is what I learned. "Them darned Mormons came in here and stole this fort and then burnt it to the ground. They were trying to kill the entire American government." Oh my. I decided to just nod and move on. We just drove to Nauvoo after that.

2 comments:

Kevin and Amber said...

Fort Bridger huh??? I used to go there all the time. My grandma lives close so we would go every summer. There wasn't much to do at my grandma's:)

Anonymous said...

Totally hilarious pix :) Love Aaron's cute little smile & Brandon's faux-hawk!