Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Nora Kaitlynn Hess
















Welcome to the world little Nora! We are so excited to have this little girl in our home. Nora was induced on Monday and it was the strangest feeling to for me to go to the hospital with no symptoms of labor. After a few hours of Pitocin and no results the doctor broke my water. There was no turning back at that point. The nurse checked me and said I was at 5 1/2 so Chris and I feel asleep for about an hour. She came back to check me again and said it was time to push. We were both shocked and still half asleep. After a few more minutes our little angel was in our arms. I could not have been more blessed with such an easy delivery. The next hours were spent with lots of love and cuddles. Her brothers absolutely adore her. As you can see they sometimes get mixed up with who is supposed to be holding who and end up laying on her instead. Brandon is funny is was sure her umbilical cord was her wiener and wondered why it was so small. He also keeps asking me when she is going to wake up and wants her to talk. Aaron is having a hard time understanding that she cannot eat solids. He wanted to give her his cookie and I told him no. He informed me that she likes cookies and once again I told him no. He is sure everyone likes cookies and is still trying to figure that one out. It has been a busy 48 hours but some of the best of our lives. I was laying at the hospital alone with Nora feeling absolutely overwhelmed with love. I felt as if my chest could literally burst. There truly is no greater blessing than the children and family that Chris and I have created. We are so excited for our new little addition. 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Congrats to you guys! She is adorable. I think she looks a lot like Chris. I love the stories of your boys...it sounds like they are doing great with her and love her so much!